Thursday, October 21, 2010

Valentine's Day and Cricket

I was finally someone's girlfriend! I was Lachlan's girlfriend! For the next week I was on Cloud Nine and no one could take me down. I was the happiest girl alive.

I look back and think about that moment when he asked me. I was completely surprised, but overjoyed! I said yes straight away and we enjoyed the best first evening as girlfriend and boyfriend.

Sounds corny, I know, but I'll never forget it. It was a magical night. It was OUR night.

One week later was Valentine's Day and I nearly forgot about it. I had never been anyone's Valentine, and had never really payed attention to the day at all. But Lachlan insisted that we do something special. We decided to go out that night for dinner- I can't remember where we went in the end. But he bought me flowers and gave me the most beautiful gold sapphire earrings. I wear them 90% of days now.

Although it seems awfully terrible of me to not remember many details of our first Valentine's Day together, I can justify myself. Lachlan is always romantic. He always thinks of the most thoughtful, caring and generous things for me. He constantly surprises me and spoils me. After two years I have been lavished upon way more than I deserve.

Everyday with Lachlan is Valentine's Day.

The next day was the day we were all going to the cricket. "We" being Justin, my sister Emily, Lachlan and I. I was so excited. Lachlan, the dear boy, tried at least.

We found a good parking spot and had pretty good seats. I am an avid cricket enthusiast. In fact, cricket season is soon and I simply CANNOT wait for long summer days of watching endless amounts of the brilliant game. Lachlan, as I've said before, does not like cricket, but at least he tries for me.

The game was fantastic! We won by two runs and by the end of the game even Lachlan was standing up and cheering the Aussies into our victory! I was so proud!

As we left the grounds we heard the low, foreboding rumble of thunder and pressed on quickly, in hopes of reaching the car before the rain reached us. Unfortunately we were not successful.

We were in possesion of no umbrellas and we weren't exactly wearing ideal clothes for wet weather. But Lachlan handed me his wonderful leather jacket and I was spared the majority of the downpour.

I loved our adventures together. I loved how he always thought of me first. I prayed I would never take that for granted or forget. Unfortunately, I am not perfect and so not deserving of his (still!) constant love for me. But I know that remembering these times will remind me how good I really have it. I hope he truly knows that. I hope that i can spend the rest of my life telling him that!

No comments:

Post a Comment