Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sunsets and the Opera House

We decided to do it.

We couldn't care anymore. This was getting too ridiculous. We were going to make it official. There was no more questions about it. My mum had relented and finally said yes. Now I just waited for him to "ask".

But before that could happen I had to solve a huge dilemma. Lachlan's birthday was just around the corner in the beginning of Feburary and I had no clue as to what to get him! His best friend, Justin, was my saviour in this instance.

We both thought buying Lachlan a ticket to the 20twenty cricket match where Australia versed India would be perfect.

Lachlan hated cricket.

We did not care.

Nana had bought him a really cool present as well. It was tickets to see Taikoz, a Japanese drumming group, who would be performing at the Opera House on the 7th February, a day before his actual birthday.

I wore a shiny blue party dress, and deeply regretted my choice, as I soon found myself battling with intense winds the whole time.

We ate some delicious food at a fancy resturant a stone's throw away from the Opera House, and were having a great time together. After eating we decided to make our way over to the Opera House and wait until the performance began.

While Nana went to the bathroom, Lachlan grabbed my hand and said, "Come with me! I want to show you something!"

Smiling I ran along with him, and began climbing the steps of the Opera House. We reached a landing and looked out onto the harbour. The sun was setting, and everything was beautiful. I took in a deep breath of the salty sea air and relaxed on the railing.

Lachlan began talking about something, but to be honest I wasn't really paying attention. I wanted to just savour this moment in front of me.

"...so, I didn't want to wait until my birthday..." I could hear him babbling on. I continued my ignorance...

"...well, I was thinking, why not? Christina?"

I turned and said, "Yes?" a little irritated that he had broken my moment of serenity.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

No comments:

Post a Comment